Re: mech fuel pump

To: BCAH@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mech fuel pump
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:57:51 -0700 (PDT)
--- BCAH@aol.com wrote:
> I'm  thinking heat and today's gas quality. Will the
> mech pump from the 948
> fit the 1275 and ,for that matter, do performance
> cams even have a lobe for the
>  mech pump? I'm trying to save a couple of bucks. I

Bob,
That's the setup I have on the street Bugeye with a
Weber.  It works fine.  I am almost 100% positive the
APT cams have a lobe for the pump (at least the
regrinds, maybe not the billet), as do the 2 Babe
Erson cams I have.  In the car I have a D9 cam from
British Parts Northwest (bpnorthwest.com, great
people, and much less than $100 for a cam.), it has
the lobe.  The car is pretty high performance (well,
the engine is. It still has drum brakes all around and
a stock suspension).  I got a spare fuel pump from a
guy with Chevy stuff at a swap meet for $2.  I am
always looking for more if anyone has one they'd like
to part with.

HTH,
Ron