RE: BusterCluster tools and registration

To: "'Jim Johnson'" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: BusterCluster tools and registration
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:12:14 -0500
OK... this is pretty simple, if you'd like to do it the "SOS" way...

First off, no server needed... you'll be using Yahoo.

You need a broadband connection, and a web cam.

Establish a Yahoo ID. I'd suggest <BusterCluster@yahoo.com>

All those wishing to view the video, hear the audio, and chat (all
simultaneously) will also need a Yahoo ID. It is free.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/

Download Yahoo messenger.

Those wishing to participate will add "BusterCluster" to their friends list.

BusterCluster starts a Yahoo conference, with camera, and microphone
attached. You can set up your preferences to let anyone in, or, just people
on your "friends" list (suggested).

Whoever is managing the BusterCluster ID will get a request to join from the
listmembers. As you approve them, they're able to read and type in the
chatroom, and hear audio (and reply if they have their own microphone), and
view the BusterClusterCam.

It's helpful to have one person (find a kid) in charge of the web cam
computer to act as moderator.