Fuel tank sloshing

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel tank sloshing
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:02:02 -0400
I developed a major fuel leak at the top of the fuel tank around the filler
neck on my stock BE tank.   I dropped the tank to find that the filler neck
is actually moving loose under the fiberglass patch done by a PO.

For now at least I am replacing it with another solid tank I have.  Its all
cleaned up and painted but while I have it out should I clean the inside,
etch it and seal it.  There is some minor rust on the inside where I can see
it but otherwise the tank seems solid.

Any advice on whether to do it or not.  Probably I will put it in as is and
make this a winter project if it's advisable to do so.  Only because I want
to drive it this summer and fall instead of waiting for parts delivery.

Anyone with a spare tank to sell?  I robbed my restoration car tank, now I'm
one short.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa