RE: tire availability

To: "'Brad Fornal'" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: tire availability
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:26:03 -0700
I still don't understand why you would want the 145x13 unless it is for show
points.  On a street car the 155x13 or 155-80x13 which is the size tire that
is always on sale works great on my bug-I's with the stock steel rims.  Now
if you want to have tires made up, why not the 5.20x13 Dunlop gold seal.  I
can't see any point in the 145's for a street car. The 155x13 will not rub
under the most extreme street driving Frank would care to do.  They are
cheap, work well, and are in stock at most tire stores.  As to if they are
better than the newer tires, the gold seals are OK on a stock car and if you
pump them up to around 50 psi they are almost as good as the 145x13 which is
close to the 155x13, and no they are not as good as the 225-40x19 whatever
that cost per tire as much as a full set of 155x13s.
                Crash

I asked if he had any source for 145-13 tires, and
he feels it could possibly be done.

As one who has never had the chance to drive a Spridget with the
original tires on it, were they better for handling than what is
available now?

Brad