Re: mechanical tach - I need your opinion

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: mechanical tach - I need your opinion
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:20:16 -0700 (PDT)
Unless you can find a NOS mechanical tach drive you might be better off
with the electronic tach.  The Moss units are made in India and are junk.
Expect it to strip the teeth of the larger gear within 6 months.  In the
long run it could cost more to go mechanical if you are constantly
replacing the gear drive units.  You might try to score an nos unit on
Ebay.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2