Re: air conditioning

To: Glen Byrns <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: air conditioning
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 17:04:21 -0400
Glen Byrns wrote:

> Has anyone got any experience with an aftermarket AC kit?

Glen

I dropped an Austin Marina AC system in the A40.
Marina was an 1800 MGB engine and with 10 minutes of mods to a bracket,
it fit the A series engine.
Of course it was a 1973 design system with a monster compressor but it
worked and froze out the tiny A40.
I ran the condensate tube out of the steering column hole on the other side.
It did take some power and was pretty much useless around town because
of the power lose but it worked fine on the long interstate haul.
Something from a modern jap car should be adaptable.
I have seen you work, you can do it ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ