traveling to ohio for a race car(and back)

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: traveling to ohio for a race car(and back)
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 00:48:48 -0400
gang , this was just too wierd to believe , yet i just got back to relate this!
i stopped out in western Pa. at an interstate rest stop with family for "the
pause that refreshes".   heading back to "the lust bus" & trailer i spot a
vehicle towing a black triumph GT6 with some really neat big flares on it.  i
flag the guy down saying "i'm on my way to outside akron ohio to pick up a
spitfire race car for a customer & find it very strange that a really nice
looking black GT6 is at the same rest stop i'm stopping at".   well how about
it was the GT6 paul tiegler(sp? i apologise!) sold!    the owner was enroute to
the triumph meet in ohio!    then the guy askes me if i know a guy in maryland
with a nice low mileage spridget and  green bugeye!  i sad biff? he responds
"yes!  that's him!"!!
i just got in at 11pm this evening with a very nice ebay purchase wich i must
do some updating to and deliver to richmond Va when done.    i'm not a big
triumph fan.   (i'm right there with ya frank!  ok?)   but this car is pretty
nice!   so was that GT6!
the internet is a huge thing.  but what are the chances of total strangers
meeting at an interstate rest stop and knowing the exact same people and never
haveing met?     i'm pretty amazed & thankfull for the friendships i've found
through these cars over the years.   :)
kevin i came through tamaqua tonight coming down 309 from I-80 but it was late
& i really needed to get "here".   :)
(what's up with kids riding fire trucks around town ringing the bell & sounding
the siren around 10pm?   ,  something to get kids off the streets and away from
doing bad things?  it looked neat as heck! i bet they thought something similar
as i passed the opposite way towing the race car on the trailer?)

chuck.
2 more cars to pick up by month's end for other people!    when am i ever gonna
be "home?"??(let alone go racing?)

Charles Christ
cfchrist@earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.