Strange connections (NO LBC - WAS Re: traveling to ohio for a

To: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Strange connections (NO LBC - WAS Re: traveling to ohio for a
From: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 09:44:55 -0600
Okay, here's a capsule summary of the "wierd" connections surrounding the
adoption of my daughter:

1) 1999 - We have a Christian Rock band from Minsk, Belarus stay with us
while they're on a US tour.
2) 2001 - We go to Gomel, Belarus on a humanitarian aid trip, working with
the orphanages in that city.  We meet a little 2 year old named Tatiana,
whom we fall in love with, and start into the adoption process.
3) Late 2001 - A couple of guys from our congregation go to Ukraine on a
humanitarian aid trip, and their translator is a young man named Sergei.
4) 2002 - We're still working on adopting Tanya (a hideously long and
painful story), when Sergei (see Item 3) and his wife and son are in the
US.  They stop in Columbus, and stay with us.  We're going crazy wanting to
hear ANYTHING about how Tatiana is doing.  Over the couse of the
conversation over dinner, we learn:
     a) Sergei and his wife almost adopted Tatiana "out from under us" (as
citizens of Belarus, they have a shorter process).  They decided to have
another biological child first, though.  They had last seen Tatiana 3 weeks
previously.
     b) Sergei knows the woman who will be our translator when we get to
Gomel, and has her phone number (which means she can check on Tatiana for us
until we get there).
     c) Sergei's wife, Svyeta, went to college with, and they are still
close friends with, the members of the band I mentioned in Item (1).

Chris K.

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 00:48:48 -0400, Charles Christ wrote
> gang , this was just too wierd to believe ...
<snip>

Multiple Sclerosis 150 Mile "Pedal to the Point"
(Yes, 150 miles on a bicycle. No, I'm not a masochist.)
Sponsor Me! ->  http://tinyurl.com/f48lg