Re: Electric Tach.

To: JMFarley50@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electric Tach.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 12:05:56 -0400
JMFarley50@aol.com wrote:

>   - with one end
> going to the coil and, I assume, the other end to the  key switch.   Where
>does
> the other spade connector on the back hook up  to?

Correct on the white wire. FROM key TO coil via tach loop.
The other spade is for a green wire (hot when key is on)
You can grab a lead from the B side (solid green) of the fuel gauge or
the green wire at the signal switch.
I would suggest a good ground too, these tachs ground through the
knurled nut on the mounting stem, not a good ground. Most tachs have a
spade on the can, run a new seperate ground from that spade.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ