Electric Temp Gauge Question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Temp Gauge Question
From: "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 16:32:15 -0400
Hello All,

After several months I finally got a electronic temp gauge to replace
the broken mechanical one on my '73 Midget.  The sending unit it came
with seems to be a bit shorter than the one of my original.  My
question is, how far should the end of the sending unit stick into the
head?  At this time I have the sending unit screwed into the original
collar from the old gauge then into the block.  The end of the sending
unit is sticking into the block only about 1/8 of an inch or so past
the collar.  Is this OK?

Thanks,

Greg