Re: Clueless in LA

To: James Pickard <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Clueless in LA
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 20:51:31 -0700
          James Pickard wrote:  "I'm recovering the seats in my
bug-eye.....I haven't aclue how this all goes together."

At one time, there was a video being flogged to go with a seat kit that
was offered.  That was many years ago, however, and I don't know if it
is still around

>     "I also need a template or dimensions for the wooden spacers that fit
>underthe seats."

They are really quite simple and straightforward:  1/4" x 1" x 15"

>     "what kind of nut holds the seat back to the base?"

Mine just came with plain nylock nut.  The Austin-Healey factory parts
manual never showed a fastener at all.

Buster Evans