Re: Bugeye side curtain fasteners

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bugeye side curtain fasteners
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2006 18:28:42 -0400
Mike,
On all Mk II Sprites and Mk I Midgets, the trim above the dashboard
covered with vinyl as well as the large piece of rear cockpit trim in
the luggage area behind the seats.

Beyond that, I interpret the Midget Mk I parts manual to read that the
cockpit trim followed the changes to the Sprite HAN6/HAN7. It appears
that the flat uncovered aluminum cockpit trim was used up to car #16183
and the rounded, thicker aluminum cockpit trim which was covered was
used after that.

I looked in Horler's book and the Midget Mk I doesn't reflect what is
shown in the factory parts manual and I can't explain that. The car
appears original but who's to say.

If this doesn't answer your question, let me know, and I will look
further through my materials to see what additional pics, brochures, etc
I might have on Mk I Midgets.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/