RE: Dieseling...the video

To: "Mike Rivers" <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dieseling...the video
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:10:17 -0400
mike,
a frequent cause for dieseling is carbon in the combustion chamber glowing
and acting like a glow plug for a diesel.  but!  a frequently overlooked
cause is throttle plates not completly closing to their "idle" position.
a sticking throttle cable , a sticky throttle shaft , weak throttle return
springs , also a sticky choke not 100% going back to it's off position.
these are all areas to investigate as probable causes and remember to
synch. the carbs too.

chuck.