Clutch noise

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch noise
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:30:15 -0400
I have a noise in the clutch and or trans of my ribcase that is hard to
describe.  It sounds like metal on metal when I use the clutch pedal.  The
pedal spring may be part of it but it also seems like its in the trans area
too.  In addition when in reverse I  am getting a shudder and a jerky motion
but only in reverse gear.  (This has been going on for some time)

This weekend I autox the BE and when starting my run one time I got a loud
clunk that sounded like it came from the trans but it didn't reoccur so I
can't be sure.

I know my description is lame but its hard to detail with words.  Should I
start with the clutch slave?  What do I look for.

It may just be time to call Paul A for my early Christmas present.

Phil Nase
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa