Re: 71 Midget Trunion Pin Wear

To: John Roberts <robe3099@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: 71 Midget Trunion Pin Wear
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:39:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- John Roberts <robe3099@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Check out this picture of the trunion pin after I
> removed it from the shock
> absorber arm and the top of the king pin.

The shock pinch bolt would wear before the upper bolt
would get anywhere near that.  Someone probably used
the wrong bushings or some thick washers on one end,
couldn't get the scoop in the upper bolt to line up,
and ground out what you see.  It is not good, but
that's probably all it is. I have touced those bolts
on occasion to basically deburr the notch, but never
quite that much!

Ron