overheating 1275

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: overheating 1275
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:42:54 -0700
Since I had put the mild 1275 into the Austin, it hadn't really acted like
what I expected to be.  It tended to get pretty hot when run on the freeway
and at red lights.  It over-ran and occasionally misfired.

Friday I jacked the timing waaay over toward what should have been too
advanced according to the timing marks.  Well now it runs cool, mileage is way
up, power is way up, no misfires and no over-run.  Looks like the pained notch
timing mark on the harmonic balancer was meant to line up with some other
pointer on some other timing cover.  Miracle cure!  Now that its too late, the
Austin is finally ready to drive down to BusterCluster.  Oh well, all that
beer would have been a tight fit in the Austin.

Glen