Re: Temp Gauge Wiring

To: <ggroiss@gmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temp Gauge Wiring
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:40:56 -0700
You need a +12V supply. Remember, the sending unit is just a variable
resistor (the resistance changes with temperature), and the gauge is
simply an ohmmeter in series.

In other words, its:  +12V ---> gauge ---> sender ---> ground.

In this case, ground is the engine, where the sender is screwed in to.

You can probably get +12V from one of the green wires on the dash
harness. If you have a Haynes manual, you can double check against the
wiring diagrams for the '78 and '79 Midgets.

Hope this helps.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/