opinions on break-in

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: opinions on break-in
From: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 18:11:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

I now have 107 miles on my new 1275 in my Midget.  The
idle is smoothing out and seems to be loosening up.
The plugs are a light tan and the temp runs between
180-190 degrees.  Now, I am wondering how many more
street miles I should put on it before I take it on
the freeway?  I will be using it as a daily commuter
to L.A. at least 3-5 times a week, so I want to
utilize it soon.  I'm driving my '68 Cougar and gas is
killing me.  Also, when should I retorque the head and
if I should do that cold or hot?  This differs per
manufacturer.

Thanks,
Mike Rivers
1961 MG Midget 1275