RE: Headlight ground?

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>,
Subject: RE: Headlight ground?
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:19:04 -0400
james,
 frequently i lost 1 or both headlights in my bugeye early on in my
ownership.  try unplugging , cleaning  , & replugging the bullet connectors
under the bonnet right atthe headlight buchet pig tails & then where the
bonnet harness connects to the main bady harness around the right hbonnet
hinge under hood , repete unplugging and repluggung the bullet connectors.
when new thest connectors have no protection to keep them weatherproof and
frequently grow corrosioncausing a loos of not only grounds but power as
well.

chuck
home and still "kicking" after duryea hillclimb yesterday.