Re: opinions on break-in

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: opinions on break-in
From: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:34:08 -0700
Hmm, so far my "Spitfidget" rebuild is holding up fine, and it's the
first rebuild I've ever done! So far, it's done 9500 miles over the last
2 years, and hasn't missed a beat. I don't baby it either. :)

My 2000 Ranger, on the other hand, had the heads replaced on it at about
73K because they cracked (4.0L). It's now at 109K, and it's back in the
shop with a miss on the #6 cylinder. I'll find out tomorrow if the head
has cracked again, or if it's just the gasket...

So far, the only engine work on my wife's '91 318is was a cam/lifter
assembly at 114K when we bought it. It's now at 193K and running strong.
It is, however, about to receive it's third diff...

Of the three, the Midget's been the most troble free so far, but that's
probably beacuse I don't drive it enough! :)

-=Chris