Re: A very interesting SCCA racer but

To: Linda Grunthaner <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: A very interesting SCCA racer but
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:48:46 -0400
The custom car guys have been doing this for many years. The back end
looks like an early custom sports car, I want to say Devon, but the
bonnet, front fenders, and engine compartment look Spitfire to me. You
can see how he cut the bonnet apart and reinforced with square tubing.
He did do a lot of body modifications, but it looks like the drivetrain
was left stock. Couldn't have been competitive in a modified class.
John
Fogelsville, PA