RE: Nitrogen

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Nitrogen
From: "Bill Miller (LBC's)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 23:03:18 -0400
One tank of nitrogen is a whole lot of volume when released to atmospheric
pressure.  And it is cheap.
Compressed air would take a bunch of piping, etc., or a compressor at each
pit.

The Indianapolis motor speedway uses tanks of nitrogen supplied by a local
welding supply company (most likely for "advertising" and at little or no
cost to the speedway)

They even run air tools (impacts) with nitrogen too (or used too, they may
use cordless electric now if you believe the Milwaukee commercials)

Personally I think it is more about economics and "ease of use" methods at
the IMS over anything else.

-Bill