Re: Pulling the engine

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Pulling the engine
From: "John D. Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:52:02 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Phil,
You wouldn't need to strip the paint. A good wiping with enamel reducer
would be prep enough. As long as there isn't any oil or dirt on the
surface the new paint should adhere just fine. Never had any peeling
that way.
When using the engine hoist, you won't damage the manifold stud threads
if you tighten the nuts first so there isn't any movement of the
bracket.
John
Fogelsville, PA