Re: Bonneville

To: <JMFarley50@aol.com>, <soavero@yahoo.com>, <hal@katemuir.com>,
Subject: Re: Bonneville
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:12:43 -0500
Bville was interesting this year... we left the Berkeley at home.. mostly
because of last year... we'd lost a friend and wanted this year to be PURE
fun... no hassles... just go out there with a crate motor in the Camaro and
make some laps...  maybe stick a bit of Nitrous to it but nothing serious...
The results were rather spectacular...  246.011 on Gasoline with a 572 crate
big block from GM...   with a short snoot of Juice... the car set the record
at 249.6 but on the second run of that pass we ran 260mph in the last mile
with a 261 out the back door.....   So we requalified the car at 259.9 and
set it up for the return run where David Freiburger ( one of the drivers
this year ) ran over the nut on the course and spun at the 2 mile marker....
( 215mph ).... damage from the cut tire wasn't that serious but it did break
some parts in the rear suspension...  again nothing fancy and the car stayed
upright so life is good...

I'd have loved to had that record in the 260's... car always runs better in
the morning on Nitrous so we were ready... a bit bummed... BUT he's okay...
and car's okay and we're going to Austrailia in March with it....

Keith