1275 Distributors

To: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 Distributors
From: "Mark Endicott" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:00:53 -0500
I have been checking out my distributor this week and last night I
discovered that it has 16  69 stamped on the housing.   Inside on the
mechanical advance it is marked 14 degrees.  My engine is from a 73 or 74
and uses manifold vacuum rather than ported from the carbs which I think may
have been used in 69, I know my 70 was this way.  Is there a problem using
this distributor with the manifold vacuum port and if the 14 degree marking
on the inside is the max advance is that enough?  I can't seem to find
anything that tells me which distributor was used and when.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.ArrestMeRed.com