Re: off to Alaska

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: off to Alaska
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:47:39 -0500
On 9/1/06, David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com> wrote:
<snip>
>  You wanna hit me with technicalities?

Nope.  Just an interesting fact. Lottsa people make that mistake.  And
you're right - it's *Le* Barge, not *La* Barge.

> Surely by now we shoulda annexed that lake...

Nah.  It isn't all it's cracked up to be.  It's far enough north in
the Yukon that the forests around it are made up of stubby little
trees that are all wind blown. Few of them over about 12 feet tall due
to the severe climate. It's not much to look at aside from Service's
poem.
There are so many prettier places up there that I often think Service
took out a map to find something that rhymed with "marge" instead of
the other way around   ;-)

I wonder if anyone ever drove an LBC north from Whitehorse to Dawson City??

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City