Spigot bushings

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spigot bushings
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 22:17:17 -0500
Anyone have any definitive knowledge on installing the later
needle-bearing type spigot bushing in the crank?

Some questions:

One end has a space in it where the bearings are shorter than the
housing.  Which end goes in the crank?  The end with the space seems
logical.
Any special lubrication?  I was going to just grease it up a bit with
some hi-temp grease.
Should I just press it in without any Lock-tite on it or something?  Any
problem with them staying put?

Here is a tech article on removing and replacing spigot bushings to add
to the earlier discussion.  It is about MGAs, but it addresses the same
challenges (with the exception of the needle bearing type).
http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/cs105.htm
Thanks for any help.
-- David Littlefield