RE: Re: FS/T HIF6 with Manifold for MINI 1275 Application

To: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>,
Subject: RE: Re: FS/T HIF6 with Manifold for MINI 1275 Application
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:37:57 -0500
Hi All, the single HIF6 is an outstanding conversion on my Mk2 Sprite.
I won't go back to the dual carb setup.  Anyway, there is definitely a
clearance issue to settle with square body Spridgets...at least with the
Howley manifold I use.  I've heard that there are other manifolds with
less inclination so as to avoid the clearance problem, but I've not
actually seen one.  I have a couple of photos that show the "bumple" in
my Mk2 hood (uhh...bonnet).  If anyone's interested, just contact me off
the list.
Jack