Lost bolt, no LBC , but we have all done it

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Lost bolt, no LBC , but we have all done it
From: "charlie shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:45:18 -0500 (CDT)
Ok we have all done this, but man hats off to these guys as they lost one
in a big way.....they ended up using 3 bolts instead of 4, I'm sure we
have all had cars missing one bolt here or there...commenting to ourselves
DPO!!! Now the ISS has one haha....maybe on a future mission a spacewalk
will occure where we hear the muttering..."DPO!"

*****
Space debris can be dangerous if it punctures space station walls or
spacesuits and can jam crucial mechanisms. However, spacewalkers have a
long history of losing things in space. In July, Discovery spacewalkers
lost a 14-inch spatula that floated away.

There was no indication that the latest missing bolt went into the rotary
joint or any other space station mechanisms, and the assumption is it
floated away,        NASA spokesman Grey Hautaluoma said. He said that the
astronauts simply used three bolts for the task instead of four, and that
there shouldn't be a problem with that.
********

Charlie
59 Sprite aka Trailer Maiden