re: ignition systems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: re: ignition systems
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:18:18 +1000 (EST)
Hi Mike
  I was about to do the nissan dizzy conversion, but was fairly sure that the
cap/leads would foul on the body steering column..as it's not a side entry job
and the entire assembly is a bit longer i think...

   somebody please correct me if i'm wrong.

  I couldn't see spridget in the 123 list...i saw triumph midget......and the
austin healey 4cyl mentioned BN1.

  on the topic of organ transplants from japanese cars, I recently fitted the
starter motor from a Holden Gemini....In the US it was a Buick Opel by Isuzu, a
Pontiac t1000, and a Chevrolet Chevette, in England, it was a Vauxhall
Chevette, and in Germany it was known as the Opel Kadett...$30 from the
wreckers.....works beautifully,  however,  theres only a few mm clearance
between solenoid case and the chassis.....hasn't been a problem yet...i.e no
banging noises.

  no doubt some of you guys are already aware of this mod....?

  Andy

  "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de> wrote:
  Hi Mike,

did you consider this system?

http://www.brits-n-pieces.com/teile_detail.php?id=6783

I can highly recommend it as recurving is a matter of turning a screw!!!

No financial interest other than I'm selling these...

Kind regards

Eric
www.brits-n-pieces.com

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----