RE: Transmission oil / clutch

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Transmission oil / clutch
From: Dave Grandeffo <davegran@ticon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:16:45 -0500
Mike Rivers  wrote:
> Also, is there a way to take up about 3/4" of free
> play in the clutch pedal?  I'm using the roller
> release bearing that Moss sells.  The slave cylinder
> rod, fork bushing, pedal pins and clutch master are
> new.  The clutch works fine, but it's the free play
> that I'm concerned about.

I'm certainly no spridget expert, but every car I've worked on NEEDS
some free play to insure that the clutch is fully engaged and the
throwout bearing isn't spinning itself into an early grave. 3/4" sounds
pretty good.... Does the shop manual have a spec.?

--
Dave Grandeffo
www.kettlemorainemotorsports.com