Bugeye Speedometer

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Speedometer
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 21:36:27 -0500
The other evening I tried to take the speedometer apart to see if I could
fix the trip odometer which just doesn't work, don't know why.  I spent
about a hour getting the little screw off the reset shaft and finally got it
out with some heat and a jewelers screwdriver.  With a little more heat I
got the knob off the shaft. I thought the works would slide out the front
but to no avail.  It was loose but seemingly no amount of gentle persuasion
would let it come out of the case, yes I had the two screws out of the
back..  Does the reset shaft release inside the case some way that I just
didn't see or were they put together by elves?  What is used for packing
between the chrome bezel and the glass, mine was just hard goo!

Mark
Nashville
www.arrestmered.com