Chassis vibration - Need help

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chassis vibration - Need help
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 10:38:37 -0400
I have a vibration in the chassis since my 5 speed installation.  It's a
rumble that seems to get worse as I accelerate and not so bad when not under
load.

I could learn to live with it but I also don't want to cause harm if I don't
fix it.  I need to find out whether its engine speed or driveshaft related
and I don't know how to isolate it.
Should I disconnect the driveshaft?

The driveshaft definitely exits the tunnel with an offset to the right side
and I have more rear oil leakage than I had before.

My header and exhaust pipe joint is close enough to the floors now to bang a
little when starting the engine but I don't hear it afterwards.  I have very
small amount of clearance there I can see when under the car but with me in
the car it could be up against the floor.  Would this cause a vibration that
would be felt through the seat and the steering wheel?  It's not an audible
vibration but one that I can feel.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa