RE: Midget Tie Rod Ends

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Midget Tie Rod Ends
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 11:32:47 -0400
Coming out of "lurk mode", very briefly.  I've been surprised that this
question didn't get answered, correctly, instantly.
'71 was the last year for the excellent, BMC sourced steering rack used
on the Midget.  From '72 on, at Triumph Spitfire steering rack was used
on the Midget.  Hence, the different diameters.
If you want to have the option of greasing them, yourself, The Roadster
Factory may be your best bet for the "Spitfire" rack tie rod ends.  They
usually offer both the "permanently lubed", and the Zerk fitting
equipped units.
For the BMC racks, I don't know for sure, but I wonder if the rod ends
are the same as that of the MGB.  If that is the case, The Roadster
Factory may be your best bet, if you want grease (Zerk) fittings.

Bud Osbourne