63 Sprite

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 63 Sprite
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2006 19:25:11 -0400
I chased down what the seller says was a "pristine" 63 Sprite.
Well it had a fold down top, 1275, 2 master cylinders, and an HAN9 chassis.
It was a 67 Sprite with a 68 or 69 Midget 1275 engine.
The seller said it needed to be buffed up.
Well ruddy red primer from 30 years ago and worn out on the fender tops
will never buff up. And you can't buff rust off either.
No interior to speek of but it did come with a way cool set of boat seats.
So I asked again how much and he said I can't take less than $2000.
That's about 1800 more than it's worth.
Oh and it runs, or it did last week when he drove it around.
1/2 the carbs are missing, no generator, no starter, but he showed me
the generator that "works" bbut it says Delco Remy and sure looks like
an Air con compressor to me.
It is a nice straight never hit 67 Sprite, wrong engine, no interior and
rust starting in the rear lower fenders and rockers. It does have
floors. And it can be yours for 2k. Don't ask me to go back, I don't
think he wants to see me again ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ