Alternator Wiring

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Wiring
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 09:09:08 -0400
Hello All,
My 74 Midget and I got to ride home with the nice man from AAA, and
shortly after I learned that if your charging indicator lamp does not
light, your new alternator is not charging either! Found the
brown/yellow wire broken at the alternator, but wish I'd have had some
indication of a problem before leaving home that day. Must remember to
always look for the red light before starting. This car came to me
without the alternator plastic connector, and I would like to verify
that the two brown wires are on the correct terminals since the spades
are the same size. Mine has the larger brown wire on the center
terminal. Is that correct?
Thank You,
John
Fogelsville, PA