Best in tools

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best in tools
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:46:12 -0400
I was roped into going to the chinese tool sale at the local Elks club.
You know the truckload sale.
So I did buy a dental hook set of 4 for a buck, even the $10 set is junk
so for a buck I won't complain WHEN they break on the first use.
And almost out the door with a whole dollar spent, I see a 4" angle
grinder for $5.95.  How do the c_____s do it?
I figure it would save time swapping from cut off disc to grinding disc
and WHEN it fails, for $6 bucks, I won't complain. Even if it lasts a month.
So I open it up to find a spare set of brushes just incase it lasts more
than a month. The wrench to remove the collar isn't even close, slanted
eyes should have caught that you would think. No problem, I can get by
with pliers to tighten the collar.
Plug it in, it works, no smoke. I got lucky!
I used it for a total of 3 minutes, two bucks a minute, and it just
stopped working. Not worth opening it up so it's smashed and trashed.
But hey, I still have the box! The only think made in china that lasts
are the packages the junk comes in.
So when Homier comes to your town with a truckload tool sale, just say
no. I tried but at least I got $6 worth of entertainment. :)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ