Re: BJ Madness

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BJ Madness
From: "bjshov8" <bjshov8@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:24:29 -0500
While working in my dad's shop in the early 70's, we got in a 1971 (or
1972?) El Camino LS6 454 to put a clutch in.  The car belonged to one of our
customers who owned a used car lot, not his personal car but one that he was
going to put on the lot.  I mentioned to my dad that I would like to trade
for the car but he thought I was crazy.  This had to be a pretty rare car.

Another rare one- a plumber that was friends of ours in our small town
special ordered a 1966 Chevrolet Impala SS with a 425hp 427 and 4-speed.  He
drove a pickup so his wife drove the Impala.  She didn't like the manual
transmission or the rough idle so my dad swapped engines for the guy-
between the 283 in his pickup and the 427 in the Impala.  The pickup kept
its 3-speed manual, the Impala got a powerglide, I don't know what happened
to the 4-speed.  I can't imagine what that Impala could have been worth
today.