Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....

To: RBHouston@aol.com, spritenut@comcast.net
Subject: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....
From: KrkLH@cs.com
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:32:16 EDT
For the Harley Davidson big event, the 100th anniversary that was celebrated
in 2003  in Milwaukee,  Elton John was chosen to be the headline performer.
There were something like over 100 thousand people attending Harleys 100th
anniversary celebration.

According to my friend who owns the local Harley dealer here in Vacaville,
and who also attended the celebration with his family, the decision was somehow
left up to the European Harley dealers association regarding the choice for
the headline act.

Some of you probably allready know the story, that over 95% of the people
attending the concert walked out before Elton even got started.  They stayed
for
the "warm up" bands, but when Elton hit the stage - just about everyone
cleared out.

I think of the money that could have been saved if they just stuck with the
Doobie Brothers and or Lynrd Sknyrd or any other "biker friendly" type band.

Just a crazy recollection that came to mind when I saw Elton Johns name.

Kirk