Re: [Fwd: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!]

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!!]
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 14:21:22 -0500
> just don't think you are getting a "thumbs up" from passersby in their
> cages (cars) on a crotch rocket or a BMW no matter how
> technically superior it is.

That's what is wrong with Harleys nowadays.  Too many people get them
for the "Hey, look at me!" factor.  I'm sure there are many doctors,
lawyers, and dentists who love to ride and prefer Harleys.  But, more
and more, it is about the status and not the ride.
To me they are like Hummer H3s.  They don't pass the "So, what?" test.
 Hummer H1s, the real deal, are quite a machine, all about function.
H2s are heavy duty SUVs built on 3/4 ton GMC truck chassis, function
meets fashion.  H3s are just silly, fashion and marketing to make a
Blazer look like something rugged.
No offense to any of you Hog owners.  But, the mystique of HD is
waning because of greed and marketing.  They took a good product with
history and brand reputation and turned it into a yuppie toy.  The
made in America, unique sounding, and "one less than the demand"
supply of  HD is giving way to glamorous chrome toys that look just
like 25 others in the same parking lot.