general electrical questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: general electrical questions
From: "Chris Manuel" <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 22:18:14 -0500
Hi all-

As I'm un-boxing and un-bagging the Sprite from the PO; and checking things
out as I find things, I've discovered:

The "dynamo" is good.  Looks like it was rebuilt at one time.  I have not
done the test discussed in the past week, but from prior experience, it
should be OK.

The voltage regulator is SHOT.  I pulled the cover off.  I have never seen
corrosion like that on an electrical part before in a car.  My old '56 Bel
Air was cleaner than that 20 years ago...I'll post it on a web site soon.

So, is this the time to convert it to 12v NEG and get an alternator?  I'm
not afraid of wiring it, just don't want to blow a tach-but then again,
there are some parts taped to the back of this one...  There is no radio to
deal with.

Chris

1966 MKIII
2000 BMW 528 iT