Engine miss and oil pressure..

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine miss and oil pressure..
From: Lester Ewing <lewing@sport.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 22:04:42 -0500
Evening all,

        I was out running the Bugeye today and a few things jumped out at me
and I would like your comments and any other input on repair:

After the engine was warmed up and holding a fast idle, 2000 revs,
the oil gauge looked like a blinker ..  pulsing about 10 pounds every
2 to 3  secs.  What on earth could cause that?!  Didn't happen at
other revs nor at slow idle..

There is zero power below 2000 revs, after that it runs pretty damn
good but i have to rev and hold it at 2000 just to move away from the
stoplight..  any ideas?

'59 Bugeye
948 engine with
Judson Supercharger and Holley carb