Deves rings...no more

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Deves rings...no more
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 11:52:44 -0800
I just got off the phone to the order desk lady at Deves Rings.  If you like
or use Deves rings for your LBC pistons, bad news.  Apparently the company has
or will be sold and isn't taking or filling special orders.
I had Deves rings on the custom Venolia pistons I am running in the turbo
Sprite.  I shattered two compression rings when a blown head gasket dumped
water over the front two pistons and the high torque gear-reduction starter
had enough oomph to shatter the rings as it tried to compress the water in the
cylinder on re-start.  Bummer.

Does anyone have a preferred ring supplier?  Total Seal, Grant's ?????

Thanks,
Glen Byrns