piston rings

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: piston rings
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:15:17 -0800
Grant's Rings of Anaheim had a set for the 1275 pistons AND in my .040
oversize!  I was unbolting all the peripheral crap preparing to pull the motor
last night, and then realized that the front frame member doesn't really block
the front pan bolts and that I can drop the pan with the motor in the car.
I'm definitely going to get lazy on this one and do it with the motor in the
car.  At least this time my wife won't claim that I pull motors out just for
fun when I get bored.

Glen "raise the jackstands!" Byrns