Sprite cooling

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite cooling
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:17:53 -0500
I fit a Metro radiator to the Bugeye and used a later thermostat cover to
point the upper hose the right way.   The car is heating up too much at idle
so I think I'm not getting flow thru the rad.

I had drained the coolant from the block also before this.  I think the
thermostat is OK as it worked on the stock rad.  Could there be a air lock
in the block.  I didn't pull off the themostat cover yet but plan to do that
tonight as well as test the thermostat.

The upper hose is warm and the upper part of the rad is warm but not hot.
The lower part of the vertical hose is not so warm.  I can usually tell by
watching the temp gauge when the thermostat opens.  This time it passed
right by 175 without a pause.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa