Re: No LBC - Miata Recommendations

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No LBC - Miata Recommendations
From: Bob Kitterer <bkitterer@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:54:07 -0800
Hi Jim,

Folks seem to be as over joyed with any Miata just as Spridget owners
were when our cars were new or almost new.  The big difference,
besides the age, is that Mazda has stood behind the Miata, which is
almost bullet proof anyway.    I would only hesitate on the first two
model years, otherwise anything with the 1.8 engine should be very
durable.  There has been a special or limited edition of the Miata
almost every year.  I do not recall any of these cars being available
for more than one year and all were limited production vehicles,
6-10K produced.  Almost with out exception they were painted in in a
non-production line color and most had some extras that were either
only available on that model or first avaiale on that model.  The
Mazdaspeed is the only one with significant performance changes.
Contrary to David's comments, which are very good, special/limited
editions do command a few dollars more depending on the year.    You
can use NADA, www.nada.com or Kelly Blue Book, www.kbb.com, for
reference pricing.

Good luck and have fun.

Bob Kitterer