Re: How were Spridets sold originally?

To: Mike Rivers <beatlemikey@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: How were Spridets sold originally?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 22:32:08 -0500
Mike Rivers wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've pondered something.  How were Spridgets orginally
> sold new?  Were they sold through one of the "Big
> Three" dealerships, private BMC/BL dealerships in the
> US, or how?

Most were sold thru Austin/MG dealerships although some of those
dealerships carried other makes of cars.
I know Volvo was sold at the local Triumph dealer where I bought my
Spitfire back in 73.
And my local MG dealer was a Pontiac dealership also.
In the next County, we had a Lotus, Jaguar, Rover, MG and Austin Healey
dealer.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ