Re: How were Spridets sold originally?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How were Spridets sold originally?
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 23:19:54 -0500
Before 1986 the brand name was plain old "Datsun".  There were parts and
pieces on the cars branded "Nissan", but the vehicles were Datsuns.  Then
they decided the US market was sophisticated enough to use the company's
actual name.  For 1986 they used "Datsun by Nissan".  After that they
dropped Datsun altogether and just used Nissan.

BTW, Datsun was a made-up name for the US market.

Rick