re:Mech Fuel Injection

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:Mech Fuel Injection
From: "Dan Gillitzer" <danginah@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:10:17 -0600
But would K Jet be considered a "mechanical" fuel injection system? I know a
bit about what MB referred to as CIS and CIS-E injection. They both are
equipped (correct me if I'm wrong) a control module, but either will run
without it, just not as well, in what was called "FOM", fixed operating mode.
It was a pretty good system, I think the later version (CIS-E) was a bit
better, as Chris alludes too (warm up regulator a problem). I did work on a
few older true mechanical systems, when it worked similar to a diesel
injection pump.
I could see trying to adapt a CIS system, maybe from a 190E2.3 4 cylinder,
main problem would probably be trying to find appropriate injectors, plus with
the CIS-E you'd need to add quite a bit. Myself I'd stick with SU's, but it'd
be fun to monkey around with.
Dan