no LBC....was GM Futurliner bus Barrett-Jackson now Olympic bus

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: no LBC....was GM Futurliner bus Barrett-Jackson now Olympic bus
From: Michael D Myers <mdmyers_ct@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:54:04 -0500
Not sure if you would qualify it as medaling, but we were the only
two-man bus driving event. We broke a throttle cable on our 1959 GMC 4104
6-71 Detroit Diesel motor coach in Lake Placid. After having it sit
outside overnight in the Intervale where the medals ceremonies were held,
we took out the back seat and ran a wire rope up the aisle to the front.
We got a few onlookers to help us get it moving enough to spray ether
into the air intake  and pop the clutch to start the two stroke diesel.
The NY State Troopers who were going to have us towed just shook their
heads and said no one would believe this if they didn't see it.

After that, one of us pulled on the wire rope to actuate the throttle
while the other one did the steering and shifting (straight 4 speed
manual, no synchros)  double clutching on both upshifts and down.

I also got paid to drive and got free tickets to the Men's downhill
skiing and the Russia-Finland hockey game.

Mike Myers